Validate SCSI-3 fails on disk 0
SGoncalves
2010-05-05 19:03:56 UTC
Greetings everyone,

I'm trying to setup a Windows 2008 R2 x64 Cluster and run into a weird
error.

When it checks SCSI-3 Settings it goes through all the SAN Disks
without an issue.
However when it Scans Disk 0 (Local System Disk with the C:\ drive)
on Node 1 it fails. It passes on Node 2so now I'm trying to figure
out what is going on and why. Both nodes are on the exact same
hardware (purchased at the exact same time) (IBM Blades HS22) so I'm
not sure why I'm seeing this issue. I'm comparing the firmware/driver
versions on both servers but I have the feeling they are going to be
the same.

Is there a setting I can check on the local SAS bus to make sure
everything is good? Once again the SAN Storage (Blade Center S)
passes the SCSI-3 Reservation tests without a problem.

Thanks,

Sérgio.
John Toner [MVP]
2010-05-05 21:34:26 UTC
Are you sure that it is failing on the local Disk 0 and not "Cluster Disk
0"? Believe it or not, there is usually a difference. I posted the details
about how to identify which disk is "Cluster Disk 0" in the following
thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverClustering/thread/499544c8-a7ac-4058-8b18-aa10f09dffb7

Regards,
John

Sérgio.
SGoncalves
2010-05-06 09:55:07 UTC
Thank you for the answer.

I have indeed mixed the Disk 0 and the Cluster Disk 0, but still I
keep having the same error.

Regards.
Sérgio.
John Toner [MVP]
2010-05-10 14:13:57 UTC
You will likely need to work with your storage vendor for assistance with
this issue. Some SANs have special flags or settings that need to be enabled
in order to support SCSI3 PR.

Regards,
John