Cluster not moving to other node in failover
Ravi Shankar
2010-05-28 09:50:23 UTC
I have a two node ip service cluster in win2008. but when primary goes down.
the cluster not moving in secondary node. it move manualy from command line.
but when we down primary it can not move to other node.
Microsoft Cluster Man
2010-07-19 14:25:49 UTC
On May 28, 2:50 pm, Ravi Shankar <Ravi
Post by Ravi Shankar
I have a two node ip service cluster in win2008. but when primary goes down.
the cluster not moving in secondary node. it move manualy from command line.
but when we down primary it can not move to other node.
Make sure you have configured the quorum model correctly. The quorum
model has changed in Windows Server 2008. If you have Node majority
and if you have just Two nodes in cluster, if one node fails the other
node will also fail as there is no majority of votes.

In Failover Clustering (2008) the quorum will be formed when we have
the majority of votes up.

Let me know your configuration may be that will help us to give you
the right suggestion.

Regards,

Noor