Fail to mount witness quorum
Tiger Wong
2010-05-13 15:52:26 UTC

I'm current using Windows 2008 64bit failover cluster, I need move it to
other machines and new storage.

Now I fail to mount witness quorum, event ID: 1753,

Then have event ID 1034:
Cluster physical disk resource 'Cluster Disk 1' cannot be brought online
because the associated disk could not be found. The expected signature of
the disk was 'E1EED59D'. If the disk was replaced or restored, in the
Failover Cluster Management snap-in, you can use the Repair function (in the
properties sheet for the disk) to repair the new or restored disk. If the
disk will not be replaced, delete the associated disk resource.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Tiger
RCan
2010-05-14 16:02:42 UTC
Hi Tiger,

how did you exactly moved your cluster ?
If the disk was replaced or restored, in the Failover Cluster Management
snap-in, you can use the Repair function (in the properties sheet for the
disk) to repair the new or restored disk. If the disk will not be
replaced, delete the associated disk resource.
Did you had done this ?
If yes, what are the results ?

If this will not work, you can also you use diskpart to set the expexted
disk signature on the new clustered disk.

Regards
Ramazan
Hi,