Enumerating cluster printers
johnsburg
2008-08-20 18:54:13 UTC
After much searching I have been unable to find an API call (C++, C,
scripting object, whatever) that will enumerate printers defined on a
cluster. The only solutions I have seen involve reading from the registry
once the cluster spooler resource id is known. But this is not an API call.

If you need to enumerate ports defined on the cluster, these are done
through calls to special spooler functions. How can cluster printers be
enumerated??

Thanks. Ken
johnsburg
2008-08-21 14:35:01 UTC
As is often the case, it takes posting the question for the cobwebs to clear.

EnumPrinters will work for this. But here are differences in what you get:

1. If you specify level 1 and give the name in the form
<print processor>!!\\<cluster-name> or
<print processor>!!\\<active-node-name>
you will get both cluster printer and local-node printers.

2. If you specify level 1 and give the name as \\<cluster-name> you will get
back only cluster-defined printers.

Ken