erro 0x800706d5 NLB
past xu via WinServerKB.com
2005-04-10 01:51:13 UTC
Hi has anyone solved this problem as I'm getting the error. When I try to
network load balance 2 machines, the first one is setup successfully but
when I try to join the other after entering the username/password I get an
error 0x800706d5. Not much help available on the web about it.

3x
past xu via WinServerKB.com
2005-04-10 01:57:04 UTC
i have 2 pcs with windows2003 stand editon intalled on. i start the NLBmgr
from pc A,and try to creat a new NLBcluster.when try to connect to pc
B,after i type the correct usrname and pass,i got this erro code.
nmayes
2005-04-10 02:21:34 UTC
0x800706D5 = "The security context is invalid"

Is the account you are using added to the local admin group on each
server?
past xu via WinServerKB.com
2005-04-10 07:31:52 UTC
yes i have tried to add this usre to the local machine ,but i still got
this erro msg.i am confusing
Todd J Heron
2005-04-10 14:07:47 UTC
Start here.

NLB Troubleshooting Overview for Windows® Server 2003:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9E6F4999-AEEB-40CF-867B-AF68742FFFDC&displaylang=en

Network Load Balancing Frequently Asked Questions In Windows 2000 and
Windows Server 2003:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/nlbfaq.mspx

Network Load Balancing : Configuration Best Practices for Windows 2000 and
Windows Server 2003:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/nlbbp.mspx
--
Todd J Heron, MCSE
Windows Server 2003/2000/NT; CCA
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights
Friendly
2005-10-11 12:50:33 UTC
Hello everybod

I had the same error message 0x800706d
We have two servers (2003) in a workgroup, no domain, no DNS
Both connected to a single hub
In the NLB-Manager-Help you can read, that NLB needs either a DNS o
settings in the hosts file

The solution was to enter the NLB-Clustername in the hosts files o
both servers

192.168.1.1 cluster.domain.co

With this entry the second server could be added to the cluste
immediately
Good luc
Rodney R. Fournier [MVP]
2005-10-11 12:58:03 UTC
Since NLB is a networking protocol and usually used in conjunction with IIS
(Website(s) and the Internet/Intranet) what would be the business need to
run in it in an environment without any name resolution?

Cheers,

Rod

MVP - Windows Server - Clustering
http://www.nw-america.com - Clustering Website
http://www.msmvps.com/clustering - Blog
http://www.clusterhelp.com - Cluster Training
Hello everybody
I had the same error message 0x800706d5
We have two servers (2003) in a workgroup, no domain, no DNS.
Both connected to a single hub.
In the NLB-Manager-Help you can read, that NLB needs either a DNS or
settings in the hosts file.
The solution was to enter the NLB-Clustername in the hosts files of
192.168.1.1 cluster.domain.com
With this entry the second server could be added to the cluster
immediately.
Good luck